Tasting of 4 wines and tapas in Son Menut
Tasting pairing of 4 excellent wines with 4 tapas:
COR BLANC 2019 (White wine) – Caramelized onion coca with goat cheese and figs
SON MENUT 2018 (Red Wine) – Dexter beef stew croquette
TRAUBE 2012 (Tinto) – Glass of fried beef Dexter
SÒ 2019 (Sparkilng) – Bag of salmon and blue cheese
At Son Menut, they maintain a clear commitment to seasonal cuisine and local products. They are producers of most of the raw materials that they serve in the restaurant. Most of the dishes on the menu come from the same farm. Both the Dexter meat, from the cows that they raise themselves and that graze on their land, as well as a wide variety of seasonal vegetables that they grow in their own garden and the red grape wine, 100% Merlot, which they have been making since more than 15 years of its vineyards. All in a unique environment where you can enjoy the large terrace with views of the countryside and the vineyards.
TRAUBE 2012 (Red Wine)
Wine with a marked Mediterranean character. Garnet color with ruby sparkles, well covered. Aromas of raspberry jam and ripe blueberry, fruit compote mixed with balsamic and mentholated aromas, fennel, aniseed, mint. On the palate it is fresh and with a pleasant mid palate, balanced acidity and soft, ripe tannins. Long and persistent finish in the mouth.
Dark garnet color. High Layer Wine Well covered. Intense and velvety. Very balanced tannins. Long and persistent drink. He has many more things to tell us. Let's see what it says to you ...
COR BLANC 2019 (Blanco)
White wine made from red grapes. Fresh and cheeky. It reminds of white pulp fruit, custard apple, lychee. You can find some tropical fruit. Vanilla touches. Very nice and easy to drink.
SÒ 2019 BRUT NATURE (Blanco Espumoso)
Bright, straw yellow in color with greenish reflections. Fine bubbles with a continuous pearl and good crown. Fresh, with aromas of white pulp fruit, hints of pastry and toasted fruit from its aging. Good volume and personality that fills the mouth. Long and pleasant aftertaste.
* Glass of fried beef Dexter
* Caramelized onion coca with goat cheese and figs
* Bag of salmon and blue cheese
* Beef stew croquette Dexter
¿What is DEXTER meat?
- It is the smallest breed of cattle in the world, originating from the south of Ireland. It presents characteristics similar to traditional cows, but measures less and with half the weight. In Mallorca, Son Menut is the only place where you can taste it. It comes directly from the calves and cows on the farm, where they feed freely on the 10 hectares they have of pasture. It is a very tasty meat, since it has a minimum of 28 days of maturation. It has an intense red color, somewhat darkened, as matured meat usually has.